Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!"

Borrowing a line from the movie that inspired my blog name, the title of my post today is a refrain that I hear a lot from my fellow scrappers.
"I don't have time to scrap," they'll say.  "I have so many things that I need to do/take care of/plan/fix/buy/you-name-it"
And, truthfully, I understand.  Ask any my friends about booking me and my husband to do something with them, and they'll tell you - they have to reserve us weeks - sometimes months - in advance to ensure our ability to attend.

However, NEVER FEAR! my fellow scrappers!  Today I will load you up with tons of ideas, tricks and helpful hints on how to stay ahead in the scrapping game, even if you can only carve out small amounts of time to play.

Here are 3 quick ways to get layouts done in less time:

1. Use a kit! 
Sounds so simple, doesn't it?  But it really is!  Kits like CTMH's Level 1 kits give you everything you need to complete up to 6 layouts, all for only $9.95!  The colors are coordinated for you, cardstock and patterned paper are included, along with pre-arranged layout pages and some great Stickease adhesive sheets that coordinate with your papers and help you to quickly title, embellish and finish your pages!   The only thing you need to do is add your pictures, journal, and your pages are ready to go in your album and share with your family and friends!


2. Make a hybrid album. 
No, I'm not talking about digital and paper, although you can do that too.  This is even easier.  Using CTMH's  9"x9" Simply Snapshots kits make finishing an album in an evening a breeze!  Each page has space for (2) 4x6 pictures - no need to crop them! and room for journaling or a title.  They come in coordinating packs of 12 sheets, so you have enough pages to finish your book.  And, they're value-priced at only $8.95 each!  Add a coordinating Stickease pack for coordinating Embellishment adhesives, and for just $4.95, you've got everything you need for your album!

3. Come to a monthly crop.
Every month, I host a Friday night crop, giving all my scrapping gals time to catch up on their albums and their friends.  We have dinner, dessert, prizes and more, all for only a $10 cover.  You get access to my Cricut and all my cartridges (or feel free to bring your own to use), your own scrap space, and plenty of fun!

Plus, there are tons of ways to come for free!  Have a favorite dessert you want to share?  First one to volunteer to bring our dessert comes free! Have a new scrapping buddy? Bring her and you both come free her first night!  Need to stock up on supplies?  Place a $30 CTMH order and your cover is waived! 

Best of all, you get 6 hours of uninterrupted cropping time to hang out with your friends, let your hair down, and get some CROPPING done!   Make this time for yourself just once a month and you'll see the finished pages start stacking up in your albums!



I hope these ideas have helped you see how you can squeeze a little more scrap time out of your life, even amidst a busy schedule.  It's important that we all take time for ourselves now and again, and remember, scrapbooking is not just for you.   It's for your family, your children, and future generations.  It's a way of preserving precious memories and sharing your perspective on the world with those around you.  It's a wonderful gift you give those you love, so make sure you make the time everytime you can.

For more information on the CTMH product featured in this post, check out our Online Idea Book.  Check out the paper kits starting on page 14, and the Simply Snapshots are on page 31.  Contact me for more information as well, or to learn how to order.

Happy Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment